Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Rite of Passage = Results

Still sticking with the Rite of Passage.  My upper back pull kept me out two days.  Came back like a house of fire.  On the pressing side, instead of cleaning before each press, been cleaning once and then doing the presses.  Much easier on the hands.  Been able to get all the reps.  So ready for the 36 kg bell.  The 32 feels like a toy in my hands. 

For easy day the following Sunday, I had rolled a 10 for snatches.  Thought, "good day for a test."  So instead of pressing first I did my snatches with a  25 kg/55 lb. bell.  Chalked everything so much, my workout room looked like a winter wonderland.  Put gloves on, so as not to worry about tearing up my hands or the perspiration from using enameled handled bells. Did 155 reps, a solid effort.  It wasn't that terrible.  Was I tired at the end?, sure, but not laying on the floor catching my breath.  Started off doing 4 sets of 10 before putting the bell down, Toward the end was putting the bell down every 10 reps which slowed the number down.  Was quite pleased.  Today I followed that up doing 95 reps in 6 minutes which is a 162 rep pace.  On an variety day Sunday, did 10 sets of 10 left, right with a minute rest in between sets.  I just need to be careful of my elbows as to not get tendonitis. 

After the 10 minute test, I did my presses and on the last ladder, just repped out.  Did 6 on each side with a 32/70. 

My numbers have been also improving on my swings with an 88.  120 swings in 5 minutes, 176 in 8 minutes.  Two hand style.

Diet has been good, hanging in the 188 range, wouldn't mind dropping down to 185 for Thanksgiving.  Ate Halloween candy too.  My favorites, Snickers, $100,000 bar, Twix, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kat.  The candy bar has shrunk SO much.

Have a 3 day hiccup coming up next week, need to travel to Austin for work so no kettlebell.  I'll throw some running in just to move some calories around.  Ran yesterday and today.  It had been 3 weeks since I last jogged, and running up the hills in my neighborhood caused my diaphragm to scream.  Legs felt great, didn't stop.  Today, felt strong.  Going to miss election day, but that's okay, I already performed my civic duty. If my side loses, I'll have plenty of beer and brisket to drown my sorrows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment