Monday, May 3, 2021

Kettlebell Burn Extreme Reloaded Final Results

 UPDATE:*****************5/3/21*************************

Don't you hate when someone blogs about a program and doesn't finish it?  I have been guilty of it as well.  Raise my hand. Not this time however.  Let's go to the video tape, or I mean measuring tape.

Weight: 181.4 Down a little over 10. The other times I weighed myself it was after a fast to keep the momentum going.  After a fast last week it said 180.6, which is kind of a false, but nice reading to keep motivation going. 

Navel: 35.5  Down around 2 inches from 37.5.

Diet: Fasted 4 x, no problem. Was 90% compliant. Again, adding almonds and walnuts as well as had 2 apples.  If you're worried about apples, you have food issues.  I understand the theory to avoid them about raising blood sugar, but threw them in a salad. Let's face fact: Oatmeal and broccoli is not an appetizing combination.  I didn't eat egg whites.  Whole eggs, thank you. 3-4 five times a week.

Recovery:  See above, I foam rolled and did deep breathing.  Ditched the cold therapy.  Walked 5-6 days a week with the puppy.

Workouts: I followed the principles, but not to a T.  For example, for the last week, instead of 35 one hand swings each side with a 55.  I grabbed a 70 and did 2 hand swings for 20 minutes.  Why? Better hip snap = better swing, not worried about losing my grip, high rep 1 hand swings bother my lower back. 350 total.

Snatches, instead of 20-25 reps with a 35, did 200 with a 45.  Why?  Less strain on elbows and shoulders, no hot spots on hands from too many reps, heavier weight.  200 is my snatch limit.

Press and squats: I ditched the 25 minute sets of 3 and 4.  Took 45's, did 10 sets of press/squat/row complex 5 reps of each.  Rested 60-90 seconds.  Done in under 20 minutes with more reps.

Extra stuff: Ab roller, stomach vacuums and planks 3 x / week. Band Pull Aparts 100/day for shoulders.  Ran once on treadmill at gym 30 minutes 3.37 miles with a 1.0 degree incline.  My pullups were much easier with the loss of weight.

What's next?:  Ah the dreaded, I'm finished, where do I go from here?  Help?  No one wants to be Oprah physically and gain it back.  Her bank account is another story.  

Workouts: Do random stuff 6 days a week.  3 at the gym, (pullups, dips, chest press, 3 mile run). 3 doing kettlebells.  Geoff Neupert has a 102 kettlebell workout E-book.   Here is the link, it's free and will keep you amused.  https://chasingstrength.com/get/102-kettlebell-workouts/

Recovery:  Same. 11 month golden retriever puppy has a LOT of energy, needs to be walked at least 3 miles daily.

Diet:  The most important question as it's 85-90% of success.  Going to follow a Slow Carb diet a la Tim Ferriss but my own spin on it, which is similar to Geoff's diet above on days, 1,3,5 and 6

Days 1-5, Eat 2-3 meals of Protein, Green Vegetables and Complex Carbs (No bread, pasts, dairy, fruit)

Day 6 Cheat MEAL, not day, meal.  Including dessert.  

Day 7 Fast from cheat meal to next day's dinner 22-23 hours. Eat the dinner same as days 1-5.

If I lose 4-5 lb. in the next month, great.  If not, I know eating healthy is great for my heart and organs.  And at 52, heart health starts to get EXTEMELY important.  Especially with the genetic cesspool I was dealt. 

I'm still taking my blood pressure medication.  Usually I have to cut it in half at this point from headrushes, but those haven't been as extreme as in the past.  Normal around 120/80.

28 days is all it takes, and in reality 4 cheat days and 12 eat normal with carb days.  So only 12 days are tough.  That's less than 50% of the program. 


2 comments:

  1. This is an enjoyable blog to read and full of insights. Appreciate you sharing your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! At least SOMEONE is reading it! HAHA

    ReplyDelete