Sunday, August 26, 2018

Kettlebell Burn Extreme Reloaded Week 1 Day 1

8/25/18 Day 1

Weight: 194.0 
Waist Around Belly Button 37.5
Blood Pressure 128/98

Been a crazy summer.  3 vacations in 3 months and a complete lack of discipline at the table.  Workouts have been great, but you can't out snatch a bad diet.  So finally came home last night and after watching my weight creep up straight into my belly the past 4 months, it is time to do something.

I did Kettlebell Burn Extreme back in 2014 and lost 14 lbs. over 4 weeks. I used 70's for both grinds and ballistics.  However, in the last 4 years, as I've gotten older, I've lost strength.  70's were my 5 rep max, I can get them now for 2 on the press.  For presses, I'll use 55's, and for squats 70's.

The ballistics portion of the program used to be double swings supersetted with double cleans.  I used 70's.  I never was a fan of this part of the program and I'd have to tape my finger tips to avoid hot spots.  Well lo and behold, Geoff Neupert created a reloaded program and instead of swings and cleans, you do high rep one hand swings and snatches.  Take your 40 rep one hand swing bell and your 30 rep one hand snatch bell.  That would be 55 and 45 lbs. respectively and alternate days.  One day as many sets of 20 swings as possible.  The next ballistics workout, as many sets of 20 snatches as possible.  Rest between hands, to stay as explosive as possible.  I like this piece.

As always, the diet will be the worst part.  3 carb days, two protein sparing modified fast days (AKA no carbs) one cheat day, one 36 hour fast.  The PSMF days are the worst for me.  I would rather fast then eat 1500 calories with no carbohydrates.  However, I have also fallen out of the practice of fasting, so this is going to be a challenge.

The recovery methods of cold shower, cold tub, alternate hot/cold, won't be a breeze, but I notice if I do it, little 49 year old aches and pains go away.  It's summer, the cold recovery won't stink as much as in the dead of winter, when it was 1 degree outside and I was taking a cold shower. Say in 10 minutes.

First workout
Medium day grinds
Double Kettlebell Military Press alternated with Double Front Squats.
25 minutes Ladders of 1,2,3. 55's for presses, 70's for squats
I did 5 ladders of each and 1 rung of the 6th ladder.  31 repetitions total. Felt good and strong, my legs really felt the squats.

Meditated for 17 minutes.
Cold Shower 8 minutes

Diet
Meals 1 and 2
3 Eggs with Broccoli and 1/4 cup of oatmeal

Meal 3
2 Grilled Chicken Breasts 2 ears of corn  and Brussels Sprouts



No comments:

Post a Comment