Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Kettlebelll Muscle Week 3 Heavy Day

Long time no write.  I quit Kettlebell Burn Extreme, because I wrenched the sacrum in my back doing the density training of presses and squats.  I knew I dinged it with about 3 minutes left in the program doing front squats with double 70's.  A month later, I started the Up and Over from More Kettlebell Muscle.  I used 45's and ran the program as a chain vs. complex. Day 3 of that program was a memorable type of nasty, once the rest periods were reduced to a 1:1 ratio. I did interrupt the program for 12 days and did the 10k swings in 10 days program during Thanksgiving week.

Found the complete workout to the original Kettlebell Muscle by Geoff Neupert on Reddit's Kettlebell subthread.  The book is no longer published and impossible to find.  It is recommended you start light, lighter than you think with at least bells you can handle for 10 reps on the press.  I tested my 10 rep max on the press and did 13 with the 45's with a couple left in the tank.  I decided to TRY and run it as is laid out, with 4 days off a week and to do the double snatches between the legs not outside the legs.

One issue I have is I'm going away for a week on business down to New Orleans, so I'm trying to squeeze 2 weeks worth in 10 days.  For week 3 and week 4 of the program, this means, instead of the Monday Medium, Wednesday Easy, Friday Heavy, it looks like Medium, Easy on consecutive days, Day off, Heavy Day, Day off and repeat.

Today was heavy day for week 3.  Went to bed around 1:30 last night and had 7 hours sleep.  Went downstairs and did 5 rounds, 2:00 rest in between rounds.

Double Clean x 5
Press x 5
Squat x 5
Push Press x 5
Squat at 5

I honestly felt GREAT. My presses were strong for all 5 sets and I had no trouble completing it.  Finished with a 4 mile brisk walk around the neighborhood

Week 4, the rest periods drop from 120 seconds to 90.  The good news is the sets for Medium and Easy Day round drop back 1 to 5 instead of 6.

Happy New Year everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment