Tuesday, September 20, 2016

10,000 Swings in 10 Days 9/20/16 Day 2

Had one meal yesterday, spinach salad, quinoa and homemade buffalo chicken strips.  The chicken probably wasn't the ideal thing to eat, but that's what was made and I ate a lot of it. For recovery last night, took a hot tub with Epsom salts.

Measurements:  
Weight: 190.4.  I actually guessed it right on the nose.  Holding some water, I'm guessing.
Waist: Around the belly button. 37.0

Woke up, no soreness, fingers feel good, I shaved down callouses last night.

Workout:
Did 1000 swings in 63:33.  680 2 hand swings, 210 1 hand swings, 100 hand to hand swings.  Also did 6 goblets squats per 100 swings for the first 600.  Used a 28 kg bell (61.6 lbs)  This is probably the best bell for me to use doing this. It was a challenge and I was breathing pretty heavy after 400. I also just breathed through my nose.  Fingers, especially on my right hand, started getting hot around the big knuckle.  I adjusted by wrapping the handle in a cloth hand towel to tone down the friction.  Started 10, 15, 25, 50 then, by the end was just doing sets of 10-15.  Grip didn't really get tested, I tried to swing explosively, but fatigue sets in.  No tightness in back or hamstrings.

Diet:
2 cups of black coffee this AM.

Ate at 10:45 after a 15 hour fast. 3 egg, 4 egg white omelet with broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions, a slice of ham and 2 slices of horseradish cheddar cheese.  Also popped a small piece of leftover chicken in my mouth while cooking.  Used coconut oil to cook.

2 scoops of protein powder and water at 2:30

Had a tablespoon of peanut butter at 5

Dinner was the same as last night. I was hungry Chicken Quinoa and a salad.

Hands are feeling better in the evening. I'm going to do the swings later on in the day tomorrow to rest them. I will do some presses and rows in the AM. Do around 30 reps apiece. Ladder style an easy practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment