Thursday, September 22, 2016

10,000 Swings in 10 Days Day 4 9/22/16

Woke up this morning an hour earlier than usual on my own.  Must be excited about the fact I'm 30% done with this.  And I must say, until you start, staring down the barrel of 1,000 swings in a day can be daunting.  No soreness this morning.  My hands had a couple of hot spots yesterday but they seem to go away quickly. 
Weight: 189.0  Still eating a lot. All this swinging makes me hungry, especially in the late afternoon early evening. Tonight will be a challenge.
Diet: Still eating too much, going to the football game tonight and leaving the house to tailgate at 4.  All I have to bring is money for food.  I have no idea what my friend is cooking. The best part of this is not having to unpack the car at 1 AM of greasy spatulas, condiments and leftover food out of the cooler.  I'm going to try not to eat until I get down to the parking lot around 4:30.  Again this is going to be my cheat meal.  I have a social engagement Saturday night as well.  I'll post the food log in tomorrow's entry.
The Workout
Started by doing 10 Turkish Getups on each side with a 55.  Did 1000 swings with a 55 in 54:44. Did about 650 two hand swings and 350 one hand swings.  Mostly sets of 10-20. Did one set of 60 and two sets of 40. I started by doing 2 hand swings at the top of each minute until my grip started fatiguing. Then went to one hand swings to rest the grip. Heart rate was 162 when I finished. Hands held up well as I put the bell deeper into my hand instead of fingers. Felt great no soreness at all. Just a lot of sweat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment